Thursday, August 25, 2016

Fascistbook is Labelling You Politically Learn How.

Do You Know What Facebook Thinks of You?

My readers know I am a social media and online marketer. So when I saw this articleFacebook is Categorizing You Politically — Here’s How to See What they Think of You I had to respond. Matt is an author on Steemit as well.

For the last five years I have built a business which helped clients find their audience via social media and advertising. I have to admit Fascistbook is a very powerful tool. One of the ways I can target people is through their interests.

For example you if you are a fan of Killary Clinton on Fascistbook. I can actually target fans of hers. Your interests are a powerful tool for marketers. This also goes for Twitter, Google and any other Big Data driven network online. Your data is for sale!

How Do You Know What FascistBook Classifies You As?

First of all go to this FascistBook Link while logged in to FB. Scroll down to Preferences--> Lifestyle and culture --> Find more. When I reached the bottom of my Lifestyle and Culture it said, "Expat US". Near the top this is what I saw and I had to chuckle.

Yes, I have to agree Facebook I agree with all of them yet none of them! The funny thing is that they did not call me an Anarchist anywhere. I follow pages that represent many different political ideologies so I can troll them as often as I can. Confusing Fascistbook is more fun than letting them label me. I did not find the Political party box that Matt mentions in his article.

Jeremy Merrill also breaks it down in a NY Times article. Liberal, Moderate or Conservative? See How Facebook Labels You

So What Can You Do?

Absolutely nothing on Fascistbook. Those F#%$ers will not allow you to turn off your preferences. So the best you can do is confuse them. Like pages that represent all of the parties. Be as ambiguous as possible.

Find My Original post on Steemit.

Be Like a Chameleon

Originally Published Here: Fascistbook is Labelling You Politically Learn How.

No comments:

Post a Comment